HOMES FOR SALE
HOMES FOR SALE
Montana Luxury Homes For Sale
A Montana luxury home is where the mountain lifestyle meets luxury living. The Flathead Valley is the epicenter of the luxury lifestyle in Montana. Find your luxury home and lifestyle in the quaint resort town of Whitefish, on Flathead Lake, on a mountain top, or a classic horse ranch. Luxury homes are also found in the surrounding areas of Northwest Montana as well. Read on to learn about Montana's luxury homes, estates, exclusive private retreats, and all the luxury lifestyles. If you're looking for luxury property, click here.
Whitefish Luxury Homes
When searching for luxury mountain homes for sale, Whitefish Montana should definitely be considered. Whitefish is Northwest Montana's premier resort town. It offers a rare combination of wide-ranging luxury lifestyles and communities all just minutes to downtown. Iron Horse Golf Community features a Tom Fazio designed 18-hole golf course with views of Whitefish Lake and surrounding mountains. Whitefish Mountain Resort features world-class skiing. Its neighboring subdivision Elk Highlands features stunning luxury homes in Montana with breathtaking views. In fact, Elk Highlights is where the 2018 HGTV Dream Home is located. Similar to Elk Highlands, Lion Mountain also features stunning views. Last and certainly not least, Whitefish Lake offers incredible luxury homes with pebble beaches and year-round recreation. Here are a few examples of what you can find when shopping for a Montana luxury home in Whitefish:
- Whitefish Lake Home. 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5,800 sqft timber-framed home with 35' ceilings.
- Mountain Modern Iron Horse Home. 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 4,100 sqft mountain modern home in Iron Horse.
- Glacier National Park lodge-inspired Log Home. 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 13,000 log home on Blanchard Lake.
Flathead Lake Luxury Homes
Flathead Lake is the quintessential Montana luxury home location. It is the largest freshwater lake in the West, and one of the cleanest large lakes in the world. A snippet from Discover Kalispell describes Flathead Lake perfectly:
...Yet somehow, none of that prepared me for the view as our flight descended northward toward Kalispell: a vast, glinting, cerulean expanse, flanked by snow-capped peaks, mirroring the deep blue sky as far as I could see through the plane’s small window. It literally took my breath away.There are three areas on this Montana lake that are abundant with luxury homes for sale. The Westside from Somers to Dayton offers cool evening breezes with spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains. The Southside of Polson and surrounding areas have the warmest and calmest waters. The Eastside offers spectacular sunsets and easy access to many waterfront dining options in Bigfork and Woods Bay. Here are a few examples of what you can find when shopping for Flathead Lake luxury homes for sale in Montana:
- Glacier Park Lodge inspired home in Lakeside. 6 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, 9,000 sqft home with 435' of manicured shoreline.
- Largest waterfront property between Lakeside and Somers. 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 8,200 sqft home on 19 acres with 495' of frontage.
- Private luxury home on Angel Point. 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 5,500 sqft home with 352' of Angel Point frontage.
Private Luxury Estates
Looking for one of the most private luxury estates Montana has to offer? These are stunning estates built in such a way as to provide its owners with supreme privacy. Privacy can come from a variety of settings in Montana. First and foremost, large acreage estates offer unmatched privacy. Another typical private setting is a large waterfront parcel. Lastly, you can find privacy from unique geology such as rock outcroppings, mountainous topography, and narrow bays. Here are some of the most private Montana luxury estates for sale:
- Flathead Valley Mountain Top Estate Timber framed home sitting on top of 315 acres with unbeatable views of Glacier Park, Flathead Valley, and beyond.
- Whitefish Lake Private Estate. 4,900 sqft Swedish Cope Log home on 35 acres with 525' of Whitefish Lake frontage.
- Swan Valley Private Estate. 8,000 sqft masterpiece of a home set on 80 wooded acres in the heart of Swan and Mission Mountains
Luxury Ranch Estates
Does the Montana ranch lifestyle peak your interest? You can have a ranch lifestyle with luxury home living here in Montana. Interact with nature on a level not experienced anywhere else in the United States. Raise thoroughbred horses, wagyu cattle, or trophy elk. In addition, enjoy the company of native deer, antelope, bear, bighorn sheep, elk, moose, upland birds, eagles, and more. All while enjoying the luxury amenities of your Montana home. Here are just a few examples of luxury homes that provide the ranch lifestyle:
- 40-acre Horse Ranch minutes from Whitefish. 6,600 sqft luxury home, just minutes to Whitefish, yet private.
- 500-acre Wagyu Cattle Ranch. Set just outside Polson on the rumbling Flathead River with breathtaking Mission Mountain views.
- 1,100-acre Tuscan Villa. Only 30 minutes from Missoula, with Federally designated wilderness 3 miles away.
Luxury Home Market
Montana's luxury home market is very difficult to analyze. Each home and property is so unique that it's difficult to compare individual luxury home sales. In addition, the number of annual sales isn't large enough to be statistically significant. However, we can see some historical trends. 2006 set the record number of sales and volume that has yet to be surpassed. By 2009, luxury sales had dropped by over 85%. Since that time, sales have steadily increased. 2018 almost surpassed the numbers of 2006, but not quite. Will 2019 be the year that Montana luxury homes sales finally surpass the record set in 2006?
With 2018 nearly breaking records, you would think it's a seller's market. However, that is not the case. In our current market, there are about 30 luxury home sales per year. There are 148 homes for sale as of June 2019, creating about 5 years of inventory. 2019 is a great year to buy your Montana luxury home. Furthermore, contact Tory Baughan for specific market data and more information.
Buying a Luxury Home
Let one of our professionals do the leg work for you. They know the local mountain vistas, shorelines, and communities better than anyone. More importantly, they know that not all luxury homes are created equal. For example, our professionals have in-depth luxury home construction knowledge that allows them to view a home from a different perspective. Because of this knowledge, our professionals can find the most prestigious luxury homes in Montana. Let us help you find your dream home, and guide you in the purchasing process.